Elks Lodges, Eureka, Ghost Signs, historic, Historic Buildings, Juab County, Mercantile Buildings, NRHP, utah
Constructed in 1909-1910 by the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks, Tintic Lodge #711 was designed by architects Richard C. Watkins and John F. Birch and built by contractor Martin E. Anderson, a Logan contractor. Cost of the building was $30,000. The meeting hall for the Elks Lodge was on the upper floor, with rooms rented to doctors, lawyers, etc., and the lower floor was rented, initially to the Hefferman-Thompson (general merchandise) Company. Later, it was occupied by Norman and Jensen and J.C. Penneys. The small structure on the west was added sometime between 1910-1923, and in 1929 the second story, five rooms for office suites, was built. At that time the lower floor of the small building was occupied by the Eureka Mercantile Commission Company. The Elks “Tintic Lodge” was organized June 20, 1901.
285 West Main Street in Eureka, Utah.
Pingback: Eureka, Utah (originally “Ruby Hollow”) | JacobBarlow.com