Rowland Hall – St. Mark’s School is significant as one of the oldest established schools in Utah as well as for the architectural and historical importance of the individual buildings that comprise the campus. Schools sponsored by the Episcopal church began operating here in 1867 with the establishment of St. Mark’s School for Girls was established. In 1880, Rowland Hall, a boarding school for girls, was opened in the home built in 1862 by George D. Watt, an early Mormon pioneer. For a time, the two girls’ school were operated independently. At the turn of the century, St. Mark’s Grammar School for Boys was closed. It was reactivated in 1956 and merged with a Rowland Hall in 1964. Since 1880, the campus has expanded from one house to five buildings.