Brigham Young’s Office
Location: 67 East South Temple, SLC
Erected about 1852, used as the executive offices of the Territory of Utah until 1855, headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from the time it was finished until 1917, when the new Church Office Building was completed.
For a short time it was also the Church Tithing Office. Many distinguished persons have been entertained here.
Presidents of the Church who occupied these offices were Brigham Young, 1852 – 1877; John Taylor, 1877 – 1887; Wilford Woodruff, 1887 – 1898; Lorenzo Snow, 1898 – 1901; Joseph F. Smith, 1901 – 1917.
Several SUP/UPTLA Markers are located near each other here.
- #34 – Eagle Gate
- #35 – A Private School House
- #50 – The Bee-Hive House
- #51 – The Lion House
- #52 – Brigham Young’s Office
Brigham Young’s Office is part of the Brigham Young Complex and is located at 63 East South Temple in the downtown neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 26, 1970 (#70000631).