George S. Clark House
This central passage Greek Revival style house was build for George S. and Susanah Dalley Clark c.1868. They had previously lived in an adobe house across the street. This twelve-room house is framed with 4x4s and was originally covered with wood siding, all obtained from nearby mountains. The recently installed aluminum siding approximates the appearance of the original siding. The two story porch originally spanned the width of the front facade but was modified prior to 1917.
As leader of the first settlers to the area, George wrote a letter of report to Brigham Young on the conditions of the new settlement and headed that letter “Pleasant Grove.” The name was later adopted by the community. George was the first bishop of the Pleasant Grove LDS Ward. He also started a prominent , long-lived mercantile business, Clark Bros. Susanah operated a millinery shop in Pleasant Grove and provided into the kitchen area. The house has remained in the Clark family, serving seven generations.