Located at 241 West 400 North in Payson, Utah, this park was built where the Wightman School stood and the plaque placed there reads:
Upon this site was once a private school and residence built circa 1883 by William C. and Lucretia J. Pepper Wightman. The school was built approximately 400 feet west of the northwest corner of the original fort and used to educate the children of early settlers in Payson.
When educational activities ended at the school, the structure was used as a residence until June of 2002. In August of 2003 =, the structure was demolished due to years of neglect and deterioration. This monument has been erected to remind all children that play in this park of the important role education has played in the history of the community.