Box Elder County, Brigham City, Forts, Historic Markers, Honeyville, SUP, UPTLA, utah
This monument marks the S.E. corner of fort built by Anson Call and associates in 1855 under direction of President Brigham Young as protection against Indians. The fort was the most northerly outpost in Utah. It was one hundred twenty feet square, with walls eight feet high and three feet thick, built of rock, part of which is in this monument. The circular stones were taken from one of the first burr flour mills built in northern Utah, in 1852, owned by Omer and Homer Call. The three Call brothers were early pioneers and builders of northern Utah.
This historic marker is #22 in this series by the U.P.T.L.A. which was later adopted into this series by the S.U.P., it is located at 5919 N Highway 38 between Brigham City and Honeyville, Utah