This church built of sandstone brought from Parowan Canyon, started in 1863 and completed about 1876, was the religious center of Parowan Valley. The large amusement hall in the basement was used for school and dances. A stage was erected in the south end where Pioneer Dramatic Association presented plays. In 1918 church activities ceased. By 1826 it had deteriorated. The Daughters of Utah Pioneers asked permission to recondition the building for a Memorial Hall which was granted.