, , , ,

The town of Santaquin was settled in the spring of 1851. At that time it was called Summit Creek, as it was located on a ridge between Utah and Juab counties. Due to Indian hostilities in 1853, the settlers were forced to leave their homes and move to Payson. In 1856, Summit Creek was permanently settled. The name was changed to Santaquin in 1875, after an Indian chief who befriended the settlers.


Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup