In 1865 a fort was erected one mile and a quarter north from this spot, on the west bank of the Spanish Fork River. It was a square and covered one acre of ground. The walls were four feet thick at the base and tapered to about two and a half feet at the top. It was nine feet high with a porthole in each corner. It first served as a resting place for travelers and a refuge from the Indians. In later years Thomas Draper made a dugout inside the fort and lived there with his family.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup