The John Dixon House at 218 N. Main St. in Payson, Utah was built in 1893. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1978.
The John Dixon House, constructed in 1893-1894 is an excellent Utah example of the Richardsonian Romanesque design on a residential building. The house was constructed for John Dixon, a native of Payson and important figure in the state’s livestock industry. John Dixon served as mayor of Payson from 1900 through 1904.
According to its 1977 NRHP nomination, the house “is architecturally significant as a rare example of the influence of the Richardsonian Romanesque mode of design on residential architecture of the state. The high quality of craftsmanship represented in the building is also significant.”
Click here for other historic homes in Payson.