D.U.P. Marker #290.
Here on March 30, 1874, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints organized a modern Order of Enoch, called the United Order, Israel Hoyt, first president. A community dining hall with bakery was constructed, also a garden house for seeds and tools. They built a carpenter, blacksmith and shoe shop, tannery, gristmill, sawmill, molasses mill, bucket factory, a woolen and cotton factory; engaged in the silk industry, dairying, broom and hat making. The people planted farms, orchards and gardens, raised sheep and cattle. The cooperative ended in 1886.
Located at 20 South Center Street in Orderville, Utah