Site of Battle Between U.S. Army Soldiers and Ute Indians
See also: Civil War Skirmish at Pleasant Grove
This rock monument, built in 1930 on the 80th anniversary of the settling of Pleasant Grove, commemorates the Sunday morning of 12 April 1863 attack by Indians on Colonel Conners army troops. The battle occured outside the fort wall, and from within and near the John Green house, which was situated one block south of the wall, probably at this site.
On the afternoon of 13 September 1930, townspeople traveled by caravan to this and 5 other historic sites in town to hear a bugle call, brief histories of each site and band music at each stop. This appears to be the only existing monument left of the six erected in 1930.